The core purpose of halal excellence is creating products and services that are lawful and good.
There are seven main principles to embracing the halal excellence philosophy:
1. No compromises on inputs (ingredients, equipment, and people) and processes
2. Halal excellence by design
3. Practise and repetition of the halal assurance system, halal risk management control and halal reputation management
4. Effective command & control of your halal supply chain and corporate halal reputation
5. Having the best team: your staff in your company, but also your supply chain partners, and external stakeholders
6. Engagement with your customer
7. In balance with nature (mizan)
Halal excellence is a process - a pursuit of excellence. Halal business management is beyond halal certification, and needs to address also supply chain management, branding and marketing, and risk and reputation management. Halal excellence needs measurement through adopting the right key performance indicators, to protect your corporate halal reputation and licence to operate in Muslim markets.
For halal producers, logistics service providers, retailers, hotel, restaurants, and coffee shops a halal excellence programme has been developed to coach companies in achieving halal excellence. We have a halal excellence programme available for SMEs and large companies. For more information on this programme contact us.
Together with partners in Malaysia we are organising closed-door halal industry round tables on key halal issues. For 2023 we have halal industry round tables planned on: halal crisis management, halal risk management (with UTM AHIBS) and halal reputation management (with UTM AHIBS). For more information on the industry round tables contact us and check our events.